Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Meals for four days!

I had a new unfurnished apartment, and I overspent, in the attempt to get it furnished.

I ended up with 4 days to go before my next check, very little food in the pantry, as I assessed the situation, I reminded God of His promise .... ask, and it is given, seek and ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you. matt. 7 7.

Because I doubted God, and because I was new in the neighborhood, and wasn't about to ask for food, I did the next best thing, I cried!

Was it even 20 minutes?...A knock at my door, and there stood the only neighbor I was even acquainted with, she referred me to the apartment, now she held a huge salad bowl full of steaming 'chili mac', she apologizes for disturbing me, and says that she made enough for an army, and would I please help her eat it. It was my favorite food, but I wondered if it would stretch the four days. II had a big helping when my neighbor next door, told me about being called out of town by her daughter, and she just knew that everything in her 'frig' would have mold growing on it by the time she got back to it, so she offered me a job cleaning it in exchange for everything in it.

There was sandwich meat, salad makings, condiments, bread, fruit chilling, everything a new clean 'frig' like mine would need for at least two weeks.

Just ask, I am not the only one who has God for my 'Father' He is your 'Father' also. '

No comments:

Post a Comment